I was trolling through one of my all-time favourite blogs, MajaHuse.com, and came across one of her posts involving a list of 40 questions. I always love these sorts of blog posts, because they give you the most interesting (and often the most random) information about people, which is the sort of stuff I love to know! I though a questions post would be the perfect way to start this blog, since it will give any readers (assuming I eventually get some) a bit of information about me, without me writing paragraphs of information that read like some sort of high school personal reflection assignment.
So, here goes: 40 Fast Facts about me.
1. How old will you be in five years? 23, but 5 days away from turning 24 😀
2. With whom did you spend at least two hours today? My fellow med students, in two of the best lectures I have had so far this year.
3. How tall are you? 172 cm – one of my proudest moments in life was the day I was finally taller than my mother. It is only by about half a cm, but I insist it still counts!
4. What was the last movie you saw? Iron Man 3. All the halls of residence at my uni went. It was the night after my exam, and was the perfect way to celebrate.
5. Who did you call most recently? My boyfriend.
6.What did it say in the last SMS you got? It was from my aforementioned boyfriend, checking if it was a good time to call.
7. Do you prefer calling or texting? Depends. I usually hate phone conversations, but there are some people who I can talk to for hours on the phone. It also depends on the situation – if I am sitting at a bus stop dying of boredom, a text conversation is the perfect distraction, and I don’t have to worry about everyone listening in on my conversation.
8. Are your parents together or split up? Split up.
9. When did you last see your parents? The 12th of February. I am interstate, so I only get to see mum every few months.
10. What colour are your eyes? Dark brown.
11. When did you wake up today? I got up at 7:30. Lectures didn’t start until 9 this morning, so I could actually stay in bed until the sun was up! I am not good at getting out of bed before the sun.
12. What’s your favourite place? Anywhere that is filled with people I love, and preferably somewhere with nice weather. Winter is starting to arrive in Melbourne, and I desperately miss the sun.
13. Where do you think you’ll be in ten years? I hope I will be a Doctor, finishing my specialisation as a pediatrician. Other than that, I have no idea where I will be!
14. What used to scare you most as a child? Fireworks. I always loved the colours, but the sound used to scare the beejezus out of me. Luckily I got over that fear. Now days, the louder the better!
15. Lately, what made you laugh uncontrollably? Most likely Tumblr. Who doesn’t laugh at insanely cute animals doing stupid things?
16. What do you wear to bed? My owl pyjama pants (I have short cotton ones for summer, and long flannelette ones for winter) and a tank top.
17. Where have you lived? I lived in Darwin for the first 17 years of my life, and have been living in Melbourne for the last 2 years.
18. Do you prefer shoes, socks or bare feet? Socks. I have received many lectures from my mother about the state of my socks – they never stay clean for more than about a week.
19. Are you a social person? Most of the time, yes. There are times when I need time to myself, but most of the time I love being around people.
20. Favourite ice cream? Koko Black Chocolate Ice-cream. It is the most amazing thing in the world. Ever.
21. Do you like Chinese food? Definitely.
22. Do you like coffee? Nope. I love the idea of coffee, but I just can’t stand the taste.
23. Do you sleep in a special way? How I sleep changes every night, but I am notorious for taking up an entire bed and stealing blankets.
24. Do you know how to play poker? Yep, and I am currently on a (very long) beginners luck streak.
25. Do you want kids? One day, yes, but not for a long time.
26. Have you ever been in an ambulance? Nope.
27. Do you prefer the ocean or a pool? The ocean.
28. On what do you spend the most money? Either clothes or books.
29. What’s your favourite TV show? There are too may to count! At the moment, my obsessions are Doctor Who, Glee (I have no shame in admitting that – it never fails to make happy), and Once Upon a Time.
30. Who’s the funniest person you know? I honestly don’t know.
31. What’s your ring tone? The Doctor Who theme song, to match my TARDIS noise message tone.
32. Do you have any garments from when you were a kid? I know my mum has kept a few in the wardrobes back home.
33. What thing do you have closest to you now that’s red? One of my Med text books..
34. Do you flirt a lot? I am terrible when it comes to flirting – I constantly confuse flirting for genuinely-just-being-niceness. I am an exceedingly affectionate person, especially when drunk, so people often think I am being flirtatious when actually I am just happy.
35. Do you know how to change the tires on a car? No idea, but I think I could probably figure it out if I had to.
36. What was the last book you read? I am currently reading The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern for about the fourth time, and the last book I finished was An Abundance Of Katherines by John Green, who is one of my all time favourite authors. If you ever need a good laugh, watch some of his youtube videos. But don’t turn to his books for a laugh – most of them are heart-breakingly beautiful, and they will make you cry!
37. Do you read the paper? Nope.
38. Do you sing in the car? Always! I am a terrible singer, but I love music, so I am constantly singing.
39. Can you tango? I don’t think so…
40. Are you happy? At the moment, yes. My happiness has become a very fragile think lately, but at the moment it is in tact and strong 🙂